Each thumbnail holds a story.

Hover over for post titles. Click on corner to read post.

The Names Kids Call You #TheNaturalParent #thingslegendsaremadeof #parenting

Best Blogger Tips

Three years ago, when I realized I was going to be a grandmother, I began to wonder what the child would call me. I couldn't be 'granny' because that was reserved for my mom. My sister's grandchildren called her 'Grandmother'. Grandma was out, mine was the kerchiefed one from hell and mawmaw was too old fashioned.

It took me weeks to come up with a name I could love, stand to hear, and be the epitome of who I really am. I decide I wanted to be called, 'Lovey'.
So, after this fellow was born, I would hug him, kiss himm and sing in his ear. "Lovey, Lovey, Lovey loves you", trying to instill the word and the affection, right? Ha!!
This guy decided I looked best being called 'pawpaw'. In May of this year he woke and decided he would call me that for now on. Boy, was I irritated. We did everything to get him to stop, but he insisted. We all knew he knew the difference because he could point me out when asked 'where is, Lovey?' He, at two years old, even said "Lovey's name, pawpaw", but I hated it.
For six weeks, that is who I was and then the other day, I became Lovey. Beautiful, sweet and a delight to my ears.

No Response to "The Names Kids Call You #TheNaturalParent #thingslegendsaremadeof #parenting"

COMMENT POLICY

This is my blog, not a public forum. I don't mind serious discussion, but I will delete your comments for personal attacks (whether on me or my guests), in appropriate language,disrespectful behavior or excessive self-promotion. Thanks for stopping by.

Supported by Doteasy.com -The Free Web Hosting Provider
Wordpress Theme by Graph Paper Press

Copyright 2010 by Work-a-holic Blogger Template.
Blogger Template by Blogspot Templates