Each thumbnail holds a story.

Hover over for post titles. Click on corner to read post.

Debney Shares a Peek at Her Pregnant Emotions. #DNA #teenpregnancy #parenting

Best Blogger Tips

If you haven't had a chance to get into the novel, D.N.A.-Nothing Would Ever Be The Same, hop over and flip through the pages of the main character, Debney N. Armstrong. As a recently orphaned teen, she has a lot to share and insights that may be of aid to others.
This is her latest entry:


I just had to write this:



These are my most important selfies ever. From now on, I will never look at myself and see a big belly teen. Today, I totally got it. After seeing the baby on the sonogram, seeing how big, how human, he has gotten, being told he could be here at anytime...I totally got it.


He looked so real, like a- a baby. All of these months I thought of the little being brutalizing my insides as, I have to be honest, a hindrance and an alien. No more than gas pains and cramps. But today, when he moved his tiny fingers, scratched his ear, I wanted to grab him through the glass of the monitor, place him near my heart and squeeze his little body. 

 


 I never imagined wanting something so much.





From this day forward, I will never see him as anything less than, my baby.



****EXCERPT***

Without saying a word, Debney went into the kitchen and took out two bottles of cold water from the fridge and held one out towards Mrs. De Vicari, who promptly and icily declined the offer.

 The woman's gaze scoured up and down Debney’s bikini-clad body in revulsion, the look filled with so much venom it caused Debney to move behind the kitchen island to protect herself. She had seen the woman’s volatile temper many times, seen her
lose control and throw things, but this time she looked as if she were about to explode.


"I didn’t come here to be social, Debney Armstrong. I came here to make it plain how pissed off I am. I talked to Giant all night last night and ate him up more before he went off to practice this morning. It took everything within me to keep me from coming here last night and bitch you out."


Debney took a sip of water. Looking over its top at the angry woman, she thought about telling her of the restraint it took within herself to keep from telling her how much Gianté hated being called ‘Giant’. Instead she lowered the bottle and licked her lips before answering.

"Ooookay."


"Is that all you're going to say, 'okay', as if it means nothing to you?
Are you so much like your cold-hearted bitch of a mother that you don’t give a damn about the feelings of others?"


Debney choked and coughed violently at the unexpected causticcomment, but was stopped from making a response by the continued verbal assault.


"Don't bother to answer. Nuts never fall far from their tree. How could you just jump on a plane and leave the country? By yourself it would have just been your business, but to take the children of caring families with you is outrageous. Are you crazy?"

"No, Ma'am. I’m sorry, but they wanted to come."

"Sorry? Sorry doesn’t cut it. Sorry is not enough to erase the fear and worry I had for my child. You better be glad you’re hiding back there because I could just grab you and beat you." She took a deep breath that had nothing to do with aiding in calming her. It only seemed to fan the fire. "And to make things even worse, I hear you're pregnant." The woman practically screeched. "What the hell is wrong with you? Giant made me promise not to tell anyone else anything, but I'm going to tell you this....you are not putting that little heartless creature on my Giant. This will not be his child or his responsibility. You can be sure you better handle it yourself."

Debney put the bottle of water on the cabinet of the kitchen island and crossed her arms across her stomach, subconsciously shielding her unborn child.

"Ooookay, aren’t you supposed to be the adult here and give constructive criticism?" She watched the other woman's brow lift a little at the rebuke, and it gave her courage. She had never been one to back down from a full-frontal verbal attack. "Isn’t this supposed to be the part where you tell me things will be alright or say something to ease the fears I am having?" Folding her arms in a more relaxed fashion, she smiled a little. "Aren’t you supposed to be the guiding light to my wayward, youthful ways?"

"What the hell? This isn’t a damned joke. What’s wrong with you, Debney? I feel as if I don't know you. For the past four years you’ve been with us on every vacation. You and Giant were like brother and sister for years. It was a mistake letting him come over here for a party. I knew your parents weren’t home. What were you thinking? Were you out of your mind? How could you have what boils down to be nothing more than an orgy?"

"Wha....that’s not true. What happened got out of control. It was a huge mistake. I can’t tell you how much I regret it."
"I bet you do. From what I've heard you aren’t able to tell the father of your baby. I can promise you this much, you will not put your child on him."

"I have no intentions of doing anything like that. Anyway, I didn’t invite anyone over here that night but Gianté. You sent everyone else here. What do you think teenage boys would do in a house when no adults are present? I admit I did lose my mind after the police left, but I’m in control now. This baby is nobody’s business. I mean nobody's. So you can stop worrying and take your screaming, hollering presence somewhere else. I need calm in my life."

"Stop worrying? You’ve just screwed up your life and I don’t intend to let you do it to my son."

"I said the party was a mistake. I said nothing about my baby. Not once have I thought of it as a tool to destroy my life. If anything, it has saved my life. The child will be my responsibility. There is nothing I can’t handle myself. I don't need anyone."

"Please, girl, you're damned delusional."

*******







THIS NOVEL IS AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE:

Kindle, Smashwords , Sony or KoboScribed

Nook and iTunes


Before you leave, please take some time to do this…


Write down a couple of quick notes to let me know in


  • what ways did this post or blog hold or lose your attention?


  • Is there a way I can enhance it visually?


  • Did you find any interest in the featured book?



  • What social network would be best for you to share this information?


  • I'd love it if you told me your answers in the comments below so I can know how to serve my readers.


    Would you like to read a sample of my writings in other genres? Download a free copy of, " WHEN ONE DOOR CLOSES"  At Smashwords HERE Put in code:  MP63V

    No Response to "Debney Shares a Peek at Her Pregnant Emotions. #DNA #teenpregnancy #parenting"

    COMMENT POLICY

    This is my blog, not a public forum. I don't mind serious discussion, but I will delete your comments for personal attacks (whether on me or my guests), in appropriate language,disrespectful behavior or excessive self-promotion. Thanks for stopping by.

    Supported by Doteasy.com -The Free Web Hosting Provider
    Wordpress Theme by Graph Paper Press

    Copyright 2010 by Work-a-holic Blogger Template.
    Blogger Template by Blogspot Templates